Healthcare for the Homeless – Houston is a 501(c)(3), tax exempt, charitable organization, as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. Your gifts are fully tax-deductible within the limits of the law. Our tax ID number is 76-0647934.
Donate by Credit Card.
You can also donate by credit card by calling our Development Office at 713-286-6130.
You have several other options for making donations:
- Donate by mail
- Recurring gifts
- Gifts in honor, memory or celebration
- Matching gift programs
- Charitable campaigns
- In-kind donations
- Medical equipment or pharmaceuticals
- Dental equipment, supplies, or materials
- Kroger shoppers
Donate by mail
Just download this form and return it to:
Healthcare for the Homeless – Houston
Attn: Chief Development Officer
1934 Caroline Street
Houston, TX 77002
Please make your check payable to “Healthcare for the Homeless – Houston.”
If you’d like to make a donation that can be broken into monthly gifts without overwhelming your budget, you may consider making recurring monthly gifts by credit card. Please select this option if you donate on-line or contact the Development Office by mail or phone.
You may terminate donations at any time by calling (713) 286-6130 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gifts in honor, memory or celebration
- If you’d like your gift to be made in honor, memory or celebration of person or event, please provide:
- The name of the person in whose name you are making the donation
- The occasion (e.g., birthday, bar/bat mitzvah, graduation, wedding, anniversary)
- The person you would like to notify about the donation
- (We will include your name and address in the acknowledgement.)
You may include the information above on the donation form and send it with your mailed check or you may call the Development Office (713) 286-6130 to give us the specifics.
Matching gift programs
Corporate matching gift programs provide a value-added benefit to your donation. If your workplace has a matching gift program, please contact your Human Resources Department to obtain the form, complete the donor portion and send it to us with your donation. We’ll complete the recipient portion and return it to your employer. Our tax ID number is 76-0647934.
If you participate in the city or federal employee campaigns, please refer to these numbers and specify Healthcare for the Homeless – Houston as your charitable choice:
Combined Municipal Campaign 2472
Combined Federal Campaign 29903
You can help people living on Houston’s streets by making gifts for their special needs:
- New white tube socks – for adults, to help prevent and heal foot problems
- Foot powder and antifungal cream — for foot problems
- Bottled water – to prevent dehydration during the summer
- Insect repellent with DEET
- New underwear – for men, women, and children (all sizes)
- Patient health and hygiene kits – include as contents in a Ziploc bag:
- shampoo, wash cloth, toothpaste, toothbrush, tissues, Band-aids, white tube socks, cough drops
- Walking canes
- 7 day pill boxes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Nonprescription reading glasses
- Phone chargers
- Small flashlights - self powered preferred
- Backpacks and/or large sturdy shopping bags
- Rain ponchos - especially in hi visibility colors
Medical equipment or pharmaceuticals
Please contact Jeanne Hanks, (713) 286-6077, Jeanne.Hanks@bcm.edu
Dental equipment, supplies or materials
Please contact Dr. Teresa Grygo, (713) 286-6342, email@example.com
Items or material needed:
- Composite material
- Alginate impression material
- X-ray film
- Denture bath cups
- Disposable lab jackets
Randall’s will donate 1% of your purchases to Healthcare for the Homeless – Houston. Just go to the store’s Courtesy Booth and add the HHH account number — #11134 — to your Good Neighbor card.