REGISTERED NURSE II
Posting Number: 275324AB
BCM Department: Family and Community Medicine
Location: Kirby Office, Houston
Salary Range: Hiring up to $67,705.00
Employment Duration: Full-time
Job Category: Registered Nurse, Hot Job
Competent level professional nurse who assists physicians with treatment room examination and procedures, schedules tests and appointments, answers patient calls, writes orders, records and communicates information to referring physicians. May serve as a resource for Licensed Vocational Nurses, Registered Nurses I's , and unlicensed staff.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Performs responsibilities in a a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Adheres to the scope of practices as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides professional nursing assessment of patients.
- May ensure efficient operation of the clinic or unit by scheduling and planning for use of staff, supplies, and equipment.
- Assists with treatment room examination and procedures on patients.
- Schedule appointments, tests, and examinations with hospital and other doctor's offices.
- Proofs and identifies deficiencies of history and physical examinations.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient's record.
- Instructs patients concerning the preparations needed for tests and surgical procedures.
- Communicates with other health care professionals regarding orders and care of patients.
- Executes physician orders for all assigned patients and administers medications and treatments for patients.
- Promotes patient’s independence by involving patient in defining and establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides telephone triage to patients and ensure patients receive the right level of care.
- Monitors or supervises Licensed Vocational Nurses, Registered Nurses I’s, and unlicensed staff members by directing, guiding, and influencing the outcome of an individual’s performance and activity.
- Respects and supports patient rights and promotes positive family and patient relations.
- Prioritizes and organizes work so that assignments are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identifies and supports basic cost containment for patients and the clinic.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks, and orders treatment room supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, and building rapport by participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Customer Service: Must take routine or required customer actions to meet customer's needs, Responds promptly and accurately to customers' complaints, inquiries, and requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
- Working Conditions: Generally, work is done in an office environment with pleasant working conditions. There is good lighting and ventilation, it is reasonably quiet, and the work hours are reasonably regular.
- Physical Requirements: May exert physical effort part of a normal work shift handling objects over 30 pounds.
- Physical Risk: Frequently handles/works with bio-hazards or risks for potential job-related injury, such as those found in an ordinary laboratory or clinic environment.
- Required: Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
Minimum Job Experience:
- Required: Two years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Required: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN by the State of Texas Board of Nurses.
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
To apply please visit this link: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BCM&cws=44&rid=9709
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.