REGISTERED NURSE II
Posting Number: 269460AB
BCM Department: Family and Community Medicine
Location: Kirby Office, Houston
Salary Range: Hiring up to $67,707.00
Employment Duration: Full-time
Job Category: Registered Nurse, Hot Job
Provides professional nursing care and assists providers. Responsible for the management of all aspects of patient care including, but not limited to patient flow within the clinic, triage, maintenance of required clinical records, supplies, rooms, educational materials, and follow-ups.
The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse II position will be professional, convey a strong presence, and foster the respectful sensitivity to work in a non-judgmental environment. This candidate will also exhibit enthusiasm, interest, and ability to work with an undeserved homeless population.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Triage walk-in patients and determines their needs. Prioritizes patients and collaborates with providers for medication refills.
- Oversees and assists with routine and/or difficult procedures and/or patients as needed by the provider.
- Provides clinical leadership for the MA team.
- Assists with developing a referral network for specialty care and ancillary services.
- Administers medication, treatment, and orders prescriptions as directed by the provider.
- Helps maintain inventory of all necessary lab and medical equipment and supplies.
- Assists the Medical Director with management tasks.
- Meets regularly with the Medical Director, and assists with program development and evaluation as requested.
- Monitors infection control and maintenance, ensuring adequate sanitation and infection control procedures, written and adhered to, in all patient areas.
- Establishes and maintains records, prepares and submits periodic reports as required.
- Acts as clinical resource for Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement projects.
- Provides chronic disease management teaching when ordered by the provider.
- Assists in writing and updating protocols and departmental reports as directed.
- Works with other departments to ensure proper work flow.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as necessary to maintain proper operation and patient care.
- May experience exposure to weather and temperature changes when traveling from one site to another.
- Ability to travel day-today within assigned geographic area in the Houston area.
- Working outside a clinic setting within a permanent supportive housing model.
- Required: Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
Minimum Job Experience:
- Required: Two years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Preferred: Experience with medically undeserved population.
- Required: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN by the State of Texas Board of Nurses.
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
To apply please visit this link: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BCM&cws=44&rid=10179
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.